Vacation Bible School 2017
Church School Registration 2017
The Book of Confessions
The Accra Confession
The Belhar Confession
Adult Education Program Brochure 2011-2012
Gun Violence and Gospel Values
To be a Christian is to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
To be a disciple is to be a follower, and to commit oneself to understanding
his life and teachings.
-Douglas John Hall
If Christianity is going to be a relevant force in the world, it is critical that its followers understand the substance of their faith tradition. Christian Education is our commitment to this undertaking, and is available to all members and friends of the White Plains Presbyterian Church. Here is an overview of offerings and opportunities:
- NURSERY SCHOOL: For our youngest children, we offer a Nursery School (Monday through Friday) for children ages 2, 3, and 4.
- CHILDREN CAN WORSHIP:Children are always welcome in worship, and there is a family care room near the front entrance with a washroom and changing table should you need it. Childcare is also provided upstairs for infants through pre-school during worship. Please ask an usher if you need directions, and complete a registration form before leaving your child in childcare. Forms are available at entrances to the sanctuary or from our childcare teacher.
- CHURCH SCHOOL:On Sunday mornings, we offer Church School classes for school- aged children. Children begin in worship each week and leave for classes with their teachers following a Children's Message. We are delighted to welcome visitors, but if this is your child's first time attending class, please accompany them upstairs and complete a registration form. Children in fourth grade and younger must be picked up at the classroom immediately following worship by a parent unless special arrangements are made with the teacher. Forms are available at entrances to the sanctuary or from your child's teacher.
- CONFIRMATION CLASS:For all unconfirmed youth who are 7th grade and older, we offer a year-long Confirmation Class.
- YOUTH MINISTRYFor our teenagers, the Youth Program offers a wide variety of activities including weekend retreats, work days, and mission trips.
- SUNDAY MORNING ADULT EDUCATION:Throughout the year, we offer a menu of adult education programs including a Sunday morning Bible Study (8:30 A.M.) and a variety of Sunday morning (11:30 a.m.) sessions covering topics as diverse as sexuality, peacemaking, economic justice, earth care, immigration, and inter-cultural encounters. These study programs typically run for two to three weeks.
- NEW GENERATIONS BIBLE STUDY:The New Generations Bible Study meets on the First and Third Tuesdays each month @ 7 p.m. Newer generations in the church generating new insights into Scripture. We are currently studying the 2011-12 Presbyterian Women Horizons study on the Beatitudes, which was commended to the whole church for study this year at the 220th General Assembly.
- PRESBYTERIAN WOMENWe are Family! A New Bible Study, begins in September 2012. It will meet on one Saturday morning @ 10:30 and one Monday evening a2 6:30 each month. Each meeting covers the same material. We are currently studying the Presbyterian Womenís 2012-2013 Horizonís Bible Study offers us a chance to explore what it
means to belong to the household of God to live in community and practice hospitality. Checkk the online calendar for details.
- LENTEN SERIESOn Sunday mornings during the Lenten Season (11:15-12:00 noon), we offer a special program for people of all ages to reflect on the meaning of their faith, and how that faith intersects with everyday life.